Are you wondering where to get some inspiration for your home? Instagram is the place to be . It is my favourite social media website at the moment . When I put up a post it can be seen all over the world. I will spend a little time explaining how it works in simple terms as I am known for my love hate relationship with technology and all things that require passwords.
We recently spent a day trying to sort out various apps and itunes accounts prompted by this text ....
ME. Whats my Itunes password please ?
ME. Thats not working, remember you changed it?
A. What did I change it to?
ME. If I knew that would I be *****y well asking you
We had a good laugh about this and got down to basics to get it all sorted.
I have always left all the techy stuff to others hence my complete reliance on others to install things and "get me started". Once I'm started I will give it my very best shot and learn all I can to master the task .
To get started on instagram just follow the Instagram instructions after you download the app
- Pick a username and a password (try & remember it ! )
- Start following people , comment or like their posts.
- Post the best images you can / images are meant to be your own but some accounts like to be reposted as long as you mention them . eg image from @wildthingsinteriors.
- The hash tag ####### this is how your images are found . eg When I put up an image I put several . #interiors #interiordesign #inspo etc experiment and watch others to see what they are doing. People all over the world search by using the # and we get lots of likes as a result from even non followers of Wildthings. Facebook posts on the other hand are now only sent to about 1% of followers.
- There are lots of tutorials and instructions too on the internet and the instagram blog.
5 other varied pages for inspiration to get you started